Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"The geeks are inheriting the earth...."

After scanning through more than 2500 articles in the Communication and Mass Media Complete database in the Texas State Library, I have pulled more than 25 articles for further review. And none of it is light reading. "The Mediated Moderation Model of Interactivity" is an example of the research that I will be reading over the next couple of weeks. There is a lit review in here somewhere. I feel bad about the tree carnage....I have printed all of these articles and have them stacked in a huge spiral notebook. I was a slacker over Spring Break on this front and now feel a little behind. Last night I began reading in earnest and will do so daily until I plow through this stuff. There is a lit review in here somewhere.

I need to stay focussed on my reading list for the semester as well...still have not finished "Social Media is a Cocktail Party." There was an interesting passage in the chapter I read last night worth passing along:

"Keeping up with social media trends can be a fulltime job. A chief marketing officer can't keep up. That's why more than ever the marketing types and IT types have to work together... To get done what you need done in social media, you will need to partner with people who have a strong knowledge of web technology... The further you go down the social media path, the more clear the need for IT understanding will be...."

The geeks are inheriting the earth (says the author, a self-professed geek, not me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment